Monday, May 19, 2008

Got mantis?


I am a mommy. I have 23 baby praying mantises living with me in my tiny little studio in Waikiki. Now, you might ask, what shall a young girl do with 23 young insects, when insects are such icky little beasts that might cause you to say "Eeeeeeeeek!," or "Gasp!" or "Ewwwww!" If you ever said any of these words in front of me, I would hate you for life. Just kidding, but I would be offended. So, I am going to train them... to be my army- ha ha ha ha... Just kidding again. I am going to train them to avoid bad tasting food based on motion cues. It turns out that these little guys hunt prey based on motion, so that's why I think they might be able to learn prey recognition from motion cues. So, I'll keep you updated. Maybe I'll have baby pictures of my own to send, but for now, I have this picture of a baby mantis whom I've never seen before.

No comments: